Now that you have freshman year under your belt, you are most likely pretty familiar with SHS and what we have to offer. Just a reminder to keep on top of your classes and make sure you are progressing with your credits. If you are entering your sophomore year with less than 6 credits, see your counselor so we can discuss some credit recovery options.
1) Anything you do now, academically, will follow you. With that brings more responsibility. You may have more homework and projects this year and classes may be a bit tougher.
2) Go in for help when you need it. We have extra opportunities for you to get extra help.
Tuesday/Thursday After School Study Session
When: 3:35pm – 4:30pm
Who: English, Math & Science teachers will be there to support you
3) Get involved! We have many extracurriculars at SHS. Here is a link to our clubs/activities. Get in touch with the sponsor or coach today!
4) Find your people! Hopefully, you’ve been able to find yourself a good circle of friends. If you haven’t already, find a trusted adult in the building whom you can go to if you need them.
5) Relax and have fun! It goes fast so embrace your time here!
Here are some links that you may find helpful. Stop by the counseling office if you ever need anything or send your counselor an email.