It’s an exciting time for you as you enter high school! You’re probably wondering what you can expect at SHS. Here are a few things to consider:
1) Anything you do now, academically, will follow you. With that brings more responsibility. You may have more homework and projects. Keep up with your studies and make sure you read and understand credit checks and graduation requirements.
2) Go in for help when you need it. We have extra opportunities for you to get extra help.
Tuesdays/Thursdays After School Study Session
When: 3:35pm – 4:30pm
Who: English, Math, & Science teachers will be there to support you
3) Get involved! We have many extracurriculars at SHS. Here is a link to our clubs/activities. Get in touch with the sponsor or coach today!
4) Find your people! Although you will have a different lunch that the upperclassmen, now is the time to branch out and meet new people. Find a trusted adult in the building whom you can go to if you need them.
5) Relax and have fun! It goes fast so embrace your time here!
Here are some links that you may find helpful. Stop by the counseling office if you ever need anything or send your counselor an email to schedule an appointment.